Monday, June 27, 2011

The Great Canadian Corking Contest!

On Thursday July 7, 2011 from 1030 until noon, I will be at The Little Red Mitten  in St Thomas to give a workshop on corking. Just for fun, we're dubbing the workshop The Great Canadian Corking Contest . During this first session, I'll show kids how to cork (also called spool knitting or French knitting) and they'll receive a corker, yarn and my book. We'll get together again on August 18 to see what the kids have created. We'll have fun prizes, too, for the longest, most interesting, most colourful, best creation and so on. Lots of fun! Corking is a great craft. The book I wrote on it a few years ago has been a popular bestseller. Here's a fun starter corking project:

I had better get busy making a whole new batch of fun and inspiring projects!

Happy corking,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment