Monday, March 17, 2014

Little Pink Puff

               You would think that during this extra-long, cold winter, I would have knitted all kinds of stuff. Of course, there's never enough time, but I did manage to knit this little pink puff of a baby cap, the first one I've made in this style. It took longer than it should have, but now that it's finished, I think it's very sweet. When I first saw this cap in the book, Knitting for Peace, I couldn't quite figure out how it was made, but the instructions were good. First you knit the main part of the cap, decreasing a stitch at one end of every second row and adding a stitch at the other end. I got mixed up many times because it felt so odd knitting an angled piece!




After casting off, you stitch the two short ends of the strip together. Pick up stitches (I used circular needles) along one long side of the swirly strip so that you can knit the ribbed brim.


Then, with needle and yarn, gather up the other side to close the top of the cap.


I made a wispy pom-pom for the top to finish it off.


I'm pleased with the finished cap. I'll send it off to a sweet baby girl this week.


 I also made this cap a few weeks ago. I noticed that the baby boy I knitted it for has a few other newborn knitted hats already. I hope I've made this one big enough for him to wear next winter.


Enjoy your day,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment