Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Stencilling

At the end of February I took an on-line stencilling course (via Zoom) with the lovely, talented Dutch artist, Pauline Greuell. (It was so neat to be in class with a teacher in The Netherlands and other students from Scotland, NYC and Costa Rica!) Pauline's work is beautiful and she is very generous with knowledge and encouragement. During the workshop, I cut a very simple leaf stencil out of mylar and used it to print these leaves. I used the same stencil and the same paint, but Pauline showed us how to apply the paint and use the brush in different ways to create all these variations:



Then we used what we learned to make a random pattern:


It was a really great way to spend an afternoon!

A couple of weeks later I made a two-part stencil to create a flower with a small centre:


The other day I finally got around to making something out of my stencilled fabric:








I'm hoping to continue to learn about and explore more stencilling!

Enjoy your day,

Judy Ann












No comments:

Post a Comment