Sunday, May 20, 2012

Home!

What a whirlwind couple of weeks I've had! It was my intention to keep up with this blog while I was away, but it just didn't work out. So here I am, playing catch-up! A quick overview of my TD Canadian Children's Book Week tour in southern Saskatchewan: I gave fifteen presentations in thirteen different locations in five days. I drove 1280 km, showed crafts and made Button Buddies with over 750 students and staff, visited tiny communities and good-sized cities, and everywhere I went I was greeted with enthusiasm and warmth. It was awesome!

The first town I visited was Moosomin. (I couldn't get enough of these beautiful grain elevators!)


As I drove into town down the main street, I was surprised and tickled to see this announcement on the window of the public library:


Wow, they were expecting me! I was given such a warm welcome by two members of the library board, the staff at MacLeod School and best of all, by the students.

We had a great time making Button Buddies and chatting about creativity!


The students loved their buddies and were happy to show them off.


At Wapella School, I presented to the students in Kindergarten to grade 9, all 50 of them!


They loved choosing buttons from the many thousands that I had packed! 

I ended the first day of my tour with two presentations with the wonderful students at Carlyle School.

I'll share more photos and stories in the days to come!

Happy crafting,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment