Sunday, May 27, 2012

Moose Jaw and more

I arrived in Moose Jaw on the fourth evening of my visit to Saskatchewan. I was delighted to drive up a steep hill to get to Wakamow Heights Bed & Breakfast . What a beautiful house and setting!


The room I stayed in, The Wedgewood, looked as if it should have been roped off in a museum.

The breakfast was delicious and got me off to an energetic start at Cornerstone Christian School. Here's what I saw when I entered the school's art room to set up:


Many students had made fun little pillows and stuffed creatures inspired by my books! Aren't they adorable?


After this terrific visit, I dashed off to the Moose Jaw Public Library where I presented to two local school groups. We were joined by some parents and toddlers, enthusiastic crafters one and all!


The day ended with a fun afternoon at Ecole St. Margaret where I presented to another lovely and creative bunch of students.

On the last day of my tour, I had the pleasure of presenting in Mortlach at a small, rural school where the total number of students is between 50 and 60. They were wonderful! Then for my final visit of the tour, I drove about an hour and a half to Hodgeville.


Hodgeville prides itself on being the coyote capital of Canada . I didn't see any coyotes but the students assured me that they see them regularly! The teachers had declared that the day of my visit should be "Dress-up as your favourite storybook character day." So, I had the fun experience of presenting to Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Anne of Green Gables, robots, pirates, and other cute characters. A creative way to end my tour.

As I drove back to the Regina airport, I felt so happy and grateful for the privilege of meeting so many fantastic Saskatchewanians! I also felt lighter: I had given out at least 7500 buttons!


I'll be back soon with part two of my trip to Western Canada.

All the best,

Judy Ann

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! Loved the little stuffed critters the one school made! What a lovely tour, the blessings certainly go both ways - author and students!
    Now for part two of your Western tour... Wow! Talk about a huge blessing! :)
    Cheers! Pauline xo

    ReplyDelete