Monday, July 18, 2011

Keeping cool?

Whoa, it is hot! That's not a complaint, just a statement of fact. I heard someone say this morning that if we complain about it being really cold in the winter, it isn't fair to also complain about summer heat. One tasty way to beat the heat is to have an ice cappuccino. I've been making them daily! I start by putting ice cubes (I sometimes freeze leftover coffee in an ice cube tray just for making these tasty drinks) in the blender, then adding milk, a little water, President's Choice Caramel Latte instant drink mix and, if I'm feeling particularly decadent, a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Blend the ingredients thoroughly and drink up. You may need a spoon, at least until the ice bits melt. M-m-m!

If you then take a break with your ice cap and sit outside, very still, you'll cool off a degree or two.

Enjoy,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment