Wednesday, March 7, 2012

One last piece

On Sunday we celebrated my mom-in-law's 82nd birthday with a fun gathering at our house. There were 31 of us including all her kids, many grandkids and a bunch of great grandkids too. (The little ones provided most of the entertainment!) I baked a four-layer chocolate buttermilk cake, an oatmeal cake with pecan and coconut icing, and a large batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.


Other family members brought lots of yummy snacks and, lucky for me, many guests filled up on the snacks, leaving a bit of leftover cake. As of today, there's one last piece of oatmeal cake on the platter. I'm tempted to just gobble it up myself, but I guess I should likely wait until supper and share it with Jeff. At least that's what I'll try to do!

Enjoy your day,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment