Monday, March 11, 2013

Almost-Spring hike!

 Yesterday we enjoyed a glorious hike near Lake Erie. Jeff and Denby spent most of the hike looking like this:




Because of their constant searching, we saw bald eagles, a few red-tailed hawks, killdeer, tundra swans, a merlin, robins, and others. The highlight, though, was seeing a screech owl that Denny somehow managed to find in the forest. Do you see it in the hollow?



Does this close-up help?


By the time we snuck near enough to get a decent photo, the owl had ducked down into the trunk, leaving the hollow empty. It was a gift to see it even briefly, though!


With such mild temperatures, there was lots of mud and many puddles so I was very happy to have my new rubber boots on!


When we got home, I couldn't help but laugh at my scrawny-looking snowman! Shortly after taking this photo...


...my snowman's head fell off. Poor thing. I'm sure today's rain will melt most of the rest of it away. Another sign of Spring!


Enjoy your day,

Judy Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment