Sunday, May 15, 2011

Try again!

A strange thing happened with my blog post from Thursday, May 12th: it disappeared! So, I'm going to try again.

My sister, Mary, is hosting a fundraiser for Sjogren's research to be held in Akron, Ohio on May 18th. I've made a baby quilt for the silent auction part of the event. The pattern is called "Get to the Point" from Linda Bartlett at Quilts and Calicos in Exeter, Ontario, always a fun and irresistible shop to visit. This photo shows the top stitched together but not yet trimmed.

This rather washed-out photo shows the quilt top trimmed and the "flipper" border in place.
Here the outer border is attached and the quilt is sandwiched, basted along the outside edge and pinned all over, ready to be machine quilted. I like doodling all over the quilt with swirls, hearts and loops.
I like scrappy bindings!
I was so excited (and in a hurry as usual) to be finished the quilt that I forgot to take any photos! I'm glad my sister took a couple for me. Mary's cat, Sadie, really likes the quilt and I'm very happy to report that Mary really likes it too!
Whenever I make a quilt, I always stitch in a little love.
It would be really fun to know who ends up with this quilt. My hope is that they know that it was made with a joyful heart.

All the best,

Judy Ann





No comments:

Post a Comment