Monday, January 30, 2012

Moon love

I love looking at the moon. I'd like to learn more about its phases and stages and where in the sky to find it, but in the meantime, it's always a treat to see. A couple of nights ago, the moon was extra-special because it reminded me of my late Uncle Adrian. He used to say that it won't rain with a moon like this because it's like a saucer, holding in the water. I took a photo, but it didn't turn out very well. The streetlights are brighter than the sliver of the moon!


I asked Jeff to take a photo, too, and his turned out much better. It's so neat how you can see a trace of the rest of the moon in Jeff's photo. 

A quiet night, a bright moon, a lovely memory.

Enjoy your day (and night),

Judy Ann

1 comment:

  1. Awwhhh, that is so nice, love the wisdom of an old farmer, and of course that he is related! Good memory for sure! The other thing I like about the moon is, that even though we are miles and miles (ok, kilometers and kilometers) away, we can still see the very same moon at the very same time! Neat, eh?! xo P

    ReplyDelete